Health Shared Services BC (HSSBC) is a unique initiative that provides non-clinical support services to BC's six health authorities. Our collaborative organization enables the health authorities to achieve more collectively than they could separately. The number one priority of our health care system is making sure that patients get the best care possible. Health Shared Services BC is committed to consistently seeking ways to get the most out of every health care dollar. By finding opportunities for the health authorities to improve cost effectiveness and enhance service quality, we are able to maximize the resources that go to direct patient care.
Payroll Customer Services Representative
Shifts/Hours will vary as required
$22.38 per hour
Current and future Casual (on-call) opportunities may be available
Under general supervision and in accordance with established procedures, timeframes and various collective agreements, this position performs a variety of payroll duties including electronic file transmission of data, calculating and preparing off-cycle cheques, maintaining operating reconciliations, maintaining records necessary for the preparation of time sheets, completing records of employment, providing information to staff and outside sources, and performing related clerical duties.
Example of Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs electronic data transfer of time administration system timesheets to Peoplesoft. Responds to inquiries related to the preparation and processing of payroll policies, makes corrections and adjustments as required, such as increment adjustments, overtime pay and voluntary deductions.
- Calculates and prepares off-cycle cheques for adjustments such as vacation, terminations, retirements and leaves of absence as per departmental procedures. Calculates contract retroactive payments for input to the computerized payroll spreadsheet program.
- Maintains Payroll data such as direct deposit information, voluntary deductions, personal information, and statutory deductions. Verifies data has been inputted correctly, ensure leaves, vacation and banked time entitlements are accurate, and provides Earnings information for Insurance claims.
- Prepares separation certificates for Employment Insurance, completes earnings inquiry reports and responds to inquiries by telephone from the Employment Insurance Commission.
- Reviews time records for accuracy in coding and completeness. Advises departments of coding errors and makes adjustments as required such as graduated return to work, sub plans and WCB payments by verifying calculations and entering payroll data into computer systems. Reviews and revises error edit reports in the appropriate time administration systems.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 successful completion of a recognized payroll course and three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
We will contact applicants as opportunities become available.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca
For more information on Health Shared Services, please visit: www.hssbc.ca
HSSBC is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.