Health Shared Services BC (HSSBC) is a unique initiative that provides non-clinical support services to BC's six health authorities. Our collaborative organization enables the health authorities to achieve more collectively than they could separately. The number one priority of our health care system is making sure that patients get the best care possible. Health Shared Services BC is committed to consistently seeking ways to get the most out of every health care dollar. By finding opportunities for the health authorities to improve cost effectiveness and enhance service quality, we are able to maximize the resources that go to direct patient care.
Provincial Director, Sourcing
This role has you directing and executing the sourcing, procurement and supply chain for Health Shared Services BC in their delivery of services to the Health Authorities of the province. You will drive the strategic direction with regards to defining operational measurements, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, and sustainability. Responsibility for a large team and broad spectrum of commodities and the development of relationships with differing stakeholders across the healthcare environment. Forming the vision from a high level you will drive process development and standardization while promoting an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Partners with all stakeholders and organization functions to leverage opportunities and mitigate risks
- Supports the teams in the development of sourcing strategies, provincial project plans and operational implementation plans to support sourcing initiatives
- Develops and implements the appropriate policies, procedures and internal controls for procurement activities and departmental quality, utilization, finance, day-to-day operations, service and human resource management
- Influences and supports Provincial efforts in the further development and execution of the shared services strategy
- Ensures that all medical and non-medical supplies and services critical to the delivery of patient care in the Province are procured and managed in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Leverages all areas of responsibility to create a sourcing operation that is integrated and innovative and bring a competitive advantage to the organization
- Ensures the sourcing team provides a high level of customer service and professional support to HSSBC customers
- Develops the Sourcing team to “Best in Class” performance
The role is built for a proven business leader, individuals with senior director experience from either the sourcing and/or healthcare field are ideal. Interested individuals should thrive in a complex environment with experience building relationships with both internal and external partners. Requires proven success in leading a large team (50+) that supports strategic sourcing and supplier management within a challenging environment with varied client groups. A minimum of 12 years in progressively more senior sourcing roles combined with an MBA, experience in a clinical healthcare setting is ideal.
We invite you to apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to Brendan Cindric, Talent Acquisition, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “PD Sourcing 0214” in the subject line of your email.
Resumes will be accepted until Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 at 10:00 am.
For more information on all that the HSSBC has to offer, please visit: www.hssbc.ca
HSSBC is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.