Medical Laboratory Technologist (Casual\Relief)
New collaborations are underway across the lower mainland health authorities to share resources and optimize care and service. This job posting is one of the exciting new collaborative opportunities currently available.
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Current and future Casual (on-call) opportunities may be available at the following locations:
Under general supervision, the Laboratory Technologist performs laboratory duties for an assigned section or sections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory procedures and analyzes results according to established policies.
- Performs computer and/or manual clerical duties as required.
- Obtains laboratory samples from patients and performs point of care procedures.
- Prepares and processes laboratory specimens for analysis and/or transport.
- Communicates test results to designated parties and handles inquiries from other health team members.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area according to established policies and procedures.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance.
- Monitors and assesses quality control results and reports equipment or procedural problems to designated personnel.
- Assists in evaluating technical procedures and provides input relating to new procedures.
- Prepares reagents used in analysis.
- Demonstrates and orients established procedures to new employees and/or students.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) Certified.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
We will contact applicants as opportunities become available.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) has a province-wide mandate to provide health services to the province of British Columbia through our globally recognized healthcare Agencies, Services, Programs and Divisions. As BC’s specialty Health Authority, we have established a reputation for innovation and compassion based on the unwavering belief that patients come first. It is a belief you will find reflected in every facet of PHSA. From ground-breaking research to promoting province-wide initiatives, we seek system-wide improvements that continually improve the way health services are provided, with an emphasis on prevention, promotion and protection. PHSA is a respected leader driven by some of the most progressive and accomplished healthcare specialists in the world.
We offer unique careers where you can focus on your specific career path and collaborate with multi-disciplinary and highly skilled teams to enhance your specialization, expertise and personal growth. As part of a vast network of leaders and innovators, you will have access to lifelong learning and a supportive environment that respects you and the goals you want to accomplish. Our commitment to excellence in teaching and training serves to ensure the success of your professional development.