As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Addiction Services provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary level mental health services to residents across all geographic areas in BC. These include Adult Forensic Psychiatric Services located at theForensicPsychiatric Hospital plus six regional clinics, and Child and Youth Mental Health Services located at BC Children’s Hospital. In addition to direct services, BC Mental Health & Addiction Services acts as a support and resource to service providers across the province, and contributes to research and education.
BC Mental Health & Addiction Services is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
Clerk R 9 – Staffing Scheduling Clerk
$20.59/hr - $23.30/hr
Port Coquitlam, BC
In accordance with theMission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Under the direction of the Coordinator, Scheduling Services, the Staff Scheduler administers an integrated computerized staff scheduling program for all staff of FPSC, generating daily staff schedules and generating on-line time sheets for payroll purposes. The Staff Scheduler receives, reviews, edits and enters data based on scheduling input documents for a variety of work areas within FPSC. The staff scheduler coordinates software support for the system including troubleshooting, queries, training, and testing/verifying program updates. This position requires daily collaboration and communication with Managers, Payroll, Human Resources and other support personnel to achieve a coordinated, effective and accurate scheduling and pay practices consistent with the performance objectives of the organization.
Examples of Duties:
Manages the collection, verification, editing and inputting of schedules and work flow data in the Work Brain computerized scheduling system. Liaises with Pay Office, Human Resources and Clinical Services Managers on a daily basis.
- Print daily sign in sheets and distribute to work units for verification, amendment and confirmation of work shifts.
- Collect and review daily sign in documents from work units for completion, approvals, omissions and anecdotal notations.
- Check and edit unit/departmental employee schedule to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review Sign in documents against system-generated work schedules and enter exceptions and adjustments into the Work Brain program and make record of changes.
- Daily keyboarding and data entry into Work Brain computerized staff scheduling program.
- Pre-schedule exceptions as per hospital policies. (Vacation, education, shift changes etc.)
- Designing, preparing and maintaining data spreadsheets and preparing reports as required.
- Auditing timesheets for FPSC, applying codes for premium pay, statutory holidays and overtime. Assuring data from MVS is accurate.
- Generating staff rotation rosters.
- Monitoring staffing levels to ensure they are cost effective.
- Track on-call work schedules to ensure correct working rotations.
- Creating and maintaining on-call roster.
- Knowledge of and the ability to administer multiple collective agreement provisions in preparing payroll timecard entries; ability to respond to enquiries from employees / users regarding the administration of collective agreements.
- Update Auxiliary seniority to ensure proper call-out order.
- Acting on Payroll adjustments by comparing cheque stub to time sheet; adjusting schedule as necessary
- Liaising with Pay Office for follow up on pay errors
- Maintaining the overtime hours worked on a daily basis for equitable hiring
- Hiring auxiliaries per three shifts daily
- Running Daily Staffing Sheets from the Work Brain Reports and importing into Excel template
- Processing requests for time off that come through Staffing Office once rosters are global
- Assisting departmental and other staff with developing rosters, editing, changing and entering information.
- Serves as a Work Brain resource person for FPSC staff and managers.
- Monitoring and managing of Work Brain system in liaison with Application Support Time.
Performs other duties related to the efficient operation of the system and the scheduling process.
- Recommend and implement changes and improvements to procedures, operations.
- Attend meetings and actively support information exchange.
- Provide administrative support to supervisor of the Staffing & Scheduling office.
- Undertake projects as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12, supplemented by relevant courses (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Must have good working knowledge of computerized payroll/scheduling/human resource information systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and other relevant computer programs. At least 3 years related experience including payroll, scheduling, human resources or a related field.
Skills and Abilities
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca.
For more information about the BC Mental Health & Addictions, please visit the website at: www.bcmhas.ca.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.