The BC Provincial Renal Agency (BCPRA) plans and coordinates health care services for patients with kidney disease across British Columbia, in cooperation with a province-wide network of renal care providers. By supporting care delivery, as well as innovative new initiatives, research and education, the goal is to improve the quality of life for those living with this disease, while making the best use of health care resources.
BCPRA is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities
PROMIS Training Coordinator
Temporary Full-time (September 2014 to September 2015)
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the PROMIS Training Lead, the PROMIS Training Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the PROMIS training program. The PROMIS Training Coordinator participates in the development and implementation of training programs and strategies that are delivered to multidisciplinary PROMIS users.
- Participates in strategizing and implementing a customized training delivery plan and delivers training for users throughout the province.
- Assists with the development and preparation of end-user training documentation in alignment with projects, with input from the PROMIS Training Lead.
- Responsible for scheduling training sessions
- Assists with design, development and maintenance of eLearning courses
- Assists with the creation of courseware development, using software such as: MS Word, Captivate, Moodle or other technologies. Responsible for maintaining an electronic set of latest training materials to have ready for distribution to customers.
- Responsible for preparing and printing training materials as needed for customer sites.
- Continuously improving implementation systems and product knowledge.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability in collaboration with other members of the training / support, business and development teams.
- Assist prospects with a conceptual project implementation plan, technical requirements and emphasizes the benefits associated with our line of products.
- Participates in fielding technical support queries from PROMIS users with the PROMIS support help desk team.
- Assists with development and delivery of internal staff training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have a level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline and two or more years of recent experience in a teaching, software trainer, curriculum development or similar environment.
The PROMIS Training Coordinator must possess exceptional customer relations skills, advanced working knowledge of computer software (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and strong technical writing ability. Some knowledge of the healthcare industry including clinical, practice management (financial), and front desk (scheduling) is desirable. Demonstrated proficiency in training delivery and support of various software applications in multiple environments. Must be able to evaluate the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes. Demonstrated strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize work, multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Able to perform well both in a team environment and independently. Ability and willingness to travel (25%). Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with interviews beginning immediately.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.