The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
Specialist, Business Intelligence - Performance Measurement & Reporting
Reporting to the Consultant, Business Intelligence (BI), the Specialist, BI is responsible for providing advanced technical leadership and solution architecture in support of the Business Intelligence (BI) program activities and initiatives.
The position designs leading edge approaches and guides the detailed implementation of these solutions from inception to completion. The position also contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of training and business process improvement strategies to ensure that the BI environment and the various BI project processes and systems are working efficiently in order to improve transactional and reporting activities.
The Specialist provides input to the overall goals, objectives and operations of the department by providing feedback and recommendations to the Consultant, specifically with respect to Business Intelligence issues. The Specialist works across all levels of PHSA providing leadership and support in the area of Business Intelligence development/maintenance and information reporting via dashboards, scorecards or reports.
- Architects and implements leading edge solutions to develop, enhance, and improve the Business Intelligence (BI) Program. This includes leading the design, creation, documentation and implementation of complex multidimensional cubes, reports and front-end interfaces which deliver information via the web to end users.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of the Business Intelligence (BI) Program by assessing client needs/requirements, reviewing technical options, determining software architecture and leading all levels of the solution development and deployment. Ensures security and permission levels maintain patient, physician and data confidentiality.
- Maintains familiarity with the latest web technologies and an awareness of current information system trends and issues. Evaluates and recommends products or methods to deliver Business Intelligence in an accurate, timely and user friendly manner.
- Mentors other developers and team members and provides technical and educational support to Business Intelligence end users by developing training materials, delivering training sessions and training trainers.
- Collaborates with members of the Data Integration team on conceptual design of databases and the development and implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Works with IMITS departmental staff and others to manage and maintain the BI servers and applications including system administration, maintenance and performance monitoring of various servers to ensure optimal uptime and production readiness.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science or Management Information Systems from a recognized school plus a minimum of five (5) years of recent related Business Intelligence (BI) work experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
Ability to understand management reporting and statistical concepts. Strong analytical, problem solving and system analysis skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze operational problems and recommend innovative solutions. Self-directed and motivated to learn new technology including hardware, software applications, and programming applications. Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to be customer service focused. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.