The Communications Coordinator works in collaboration with BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services staff and the change management team to develop and deliver project communications and engagement plans and materials, in support of business case development. This role coordinates an action plan to ensure timely, high quality and consistent communications to facilitate a significant change management initiative with impact on medical staff across PHSA.
- Working with Change Management Leaders to develop and deliver communications plans and activities
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to respond to requests for information, collaborate on joint initiatives and strategy initiatives for BCMHSUS
- Develop and maintain style guides, business case drafting and publications
- Manage and track stakeholder engagements, assisting with building alliances with local sponsors across health authority system of care, ensuring that communication methods and messaging are complementary and consistent
- Evaluate/measure effectiveness of communication strategies and deliverables
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline, combined with at least 2 years of recent related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience executing communications strategies, plans and business case drafting
- Experience working in a health care environment is preferred
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Casual
Location: V5C 6E3
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (Full-Time)
Requisition # TOD09212022
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other health authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant health care experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information, visit email@example.com
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.