More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Administrative Assistant 1, BC Cancer
Administrative Assistant 1
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Effectively handle administrative tasks so our department runs smoothly and we can provide patients with the best possible care.
What you’ll do
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the designated Leader’s appointment schedule by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements and resolving time conflicts.
- Coordinate appropriate travel and accommodation for designated Leader’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirming reservations and establishing an itinerary.
- Respond to verbal and written communication and liaise internally and externally to share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produce timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages. Enter and collect data and compile relevant statistical information and reports. Draft agendas, gather background materials, attend and record proceedings, prepare and distribute minutes, and take follow-up actions. Maintain a bring-forward system.
- Assist in budget development and monitor expenditures, authorizing expense reimbursements and invoicing up to a pre-determined limit, developing an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties.
- Complete purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forward for processing, ensuring invoices are authorized and submitted for payment.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12.
- Graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively; resolve administrative issues/problems; prioritize workload; and be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software at an advanced level.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Type 60 words per minute
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Regular Full – Time
Location 32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford
Hours of work 0800-1600 or as operationally required
Reference number 107734
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.