Clinical Dietitian - BC Cancer Abbotsford
Nutrition and Rehabilitation - BC Cancer
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you do
- Using the Nutrition Care Process framework, carries out comprehensive nutrition assessments, identifies appropriate nutrition diagnoses, develops and implements patient-centred nutrition intervention and monitors and evaluates nutrition care plans.
- Utilizes and incorporates clinical tools, such as screening and assessment tools, according to program standards.
- Implements and reviews therapeutic diet orders. Designs, compounds, dispenses and monitors therapeutic diets where nutrition is administered through enteral or parenteral means. Instructs patients on how to administer enteral feeds. Provides guidance to Diet Technicians as required.
- Documents care plans and reassessments in patient's medical record to meet program standards.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team on matters relating to the nutritional care of patients.
- Maintains workload measurement statistics.
- Participates in the development, implementation and communication of oncology nutrition practice standards and clinical practice guidelines
- Provides education and consultation to BC Cancer staff, community partners and academic institutions related to oncology nutrition.
- Participates in quality improvement/nutrition research projects by performing duties such as data collection and literature reviews.
- Develops, evaluates and revises patient education resources including the nutrition section of the website.
- Provides input to the Clinical Coordinator on the clinical nutrition practicum component of the UBC Dietetic Internship Program for area of practice, as applicable. Participates in the development/revision of area specific modules to provide education to meet the learning needs of others such as dietetic interns.
What you bring
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition, or equivalent, from an approved University and an accredited dietetic internship.
- One (1) year of experience in clinical dietetics, with oncology experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to BC Cancer.
- Registrant in the College of Dietitians of BC.
- Preferably Restricted Activities A, C
What you have
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships in an inter-professional team with centre staff, patients, the public and external health professionals.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual on Call
Location: 32900 Marshall Road Abbotsford, BC
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Jobs for You
- Unit Clerk, Medical Day Unit - BC Children’s Hospital Dec. 04, 2023
- Change Specialist Dec. 04, 2023
- Advisor, Talent Acquisition (Clinical Recruiter) - BC Children’s and BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre Nov. 15, 2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs