More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Nurse Educator - BC Cancer Abbotsford
Clinical Nurse Educator
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with the Manager/Clinical Nurse Leaders, determine education priorities by completing learning needs assessments of individuals or groups.
- Develop and revise educational programs through a process of research, consultation education development monitoring and updating.
- Deliver certification courses in topics such as Chemotherapy Care, Radiation Therapy Nursing, IV therapy, and Central Venous Catheter care to nurses by means such as preparing written materials, facilitating workshops and overseeing clinical practice sessions.
- Organize and deliver agency wide orientation sessions for new nursing employees as part of a network of Nurse Educators by means such as presenting clinical skills, practice tools and other related information.
- Support Clinical Nurse Leaders to orient, preceptor, mentor and support direct care nurses/other staff in their clinical responsibilities
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years of recent experience in oncology nursing, including one (1) year of education and/or leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of Oncology Nursing Certification is an asset.
You have the ability to:
- Apply learning theory and evidence to teaching practices.
- Establish educational priorities to meet identified program, organization and learner needs.
- Implement education based on changing practices (i.e. Legislation and technology).
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Foster effective teaching and learning relationships.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $43.09 to $58.82 per hour
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford, BC, V2S 0C2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Working hours: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600 or as operationally required.
Requisition Number: 118020
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 19, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.