Clinical Nurse Leader, Clinical Services – BC Cancer AbbotsfordApply Now Apply Later
BC Cancer is committed to providing a comprehensive, provincially-planned, and regionally-delivered cancer control system for the residents of British Columbia. Its mandate covers the full spectrum of cancer care from prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment, to research and education, to supportive and palliative care. BC Cancer provides care closer to home by operating six regional cancer centres in Abbotsford, Kelowna, Prince George, Surrey, Vancouver, and Victoria. Research centres in Vancouver and Victoria ensure that BC Cancer can quickly translate new discoveries into clinical applications leading to better outcomes and care.
BC Cancer is currently engaged in a Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project, which will improve the safety, quality, and consistency of patient care as well as streamline processes for care providers and clinicians through a common electronic health record.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect People ● Be compassionate ● Dare to innovate ● Cultivate partnerships ● Serve with purpose
Clinical Nurse Leader, Clinical Services – BC Cancer Abbotsford
Reference # 77178
Regular Full Time
Wage $39.91 – $48.92 Hourly
Work Schedule 0800-1600 Monday-Friday
32900 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford, BC
The Clinical Nurse Leader provides clinical nursing and administrative support within the Clinical Services. Duties include providing clinical guidance to nursing staff and coordinating the day-to-day operations in designated clinical area.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree plus three (3) years’ recent, related clinical nursing experience which includes teaching and leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current practising registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Current CPR (level C) certification.
- The Employer will equally consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (with the exception of Public Health and Preventative Nurses).
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, time management, organizational, teamwork and team building skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the provision of clinical care to oncology patients.
- Demonstrated teaching, staff development and preceptor skills.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at email@example.com. Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of 11 November 2018. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Agency that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bccancer.bc.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.