More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager - Regional Center Services BC Cancer Abbotsford
Regional Center Services BC Cancer Abbotsford
What you do
- Provide center leadership through the consultation and coordination of various administrative and operational activities; works closely with clinical staff in order to identify improvements.
- Develop and implement departmental and organizational goals and objectives, policies and procedures. Develop action plans and coordinates center level systems and strategies to enable effective operations.
- Lead center wide initiatives and projects that cross various programs/services through to implementation; develop project plans and incorporate change management approaches; develop communication strategies; monitor projects; provide progress reports and take corrective action to ensure project objectives are met.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, where applicable in order to maintain support services functions. Coordinate renovations, facility improvements and space planning.
- Provide operational center leadership for Emergency Management and Preparedness on issues, policies and education across the center. Prepare agenda and co-chairs center emergency management committee. Collaborate, work and partner with, PHSA Emergency Management Leads as appropriate.
- Liaise with support service providers and regional health authorities as appropriate to ensure operational issues are addressed. Foster partnerships and assists with systems that ensure seamless patient access and flow.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the performance of staff. Recruit, interview and select volunteers for assignments ensuring placement reflects the ethno-cultural demographics of the populations served. Train and evaluate volunteers and their programs in the organization and investigates concerns arising from a volunteer’s performance, attempt to resolve conflicts and where necessary, initiate termination.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare related field
- Five (5) years of recent related experience, including two (2) years in a managerial/leadership capacity.
What you have
- Proven leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills conducive to interacting in a multidisciplinary environment and ability to relate easily to a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Lead teams and to promote teamwork.
- Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources. Demonstrated understanding and experience of operational planning and program development.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday – Friday - 0800-1600 or as operationally required.
Requisition Number: 107857
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 10, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.