More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Radiation Therapist - BC Cancer
Regular, Full-time (1.0 FTE), BC Cancer
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0700-1500, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, as operations require
Regional Centers - Vancouver, Surrey, Prince George, Abbotsford, Kelowna and Victoria (20+ positions)
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Radiation Therapist provides radiation services and patient care in accordance with established policies and standards of professional practice for radiation therapy. Provides radiation services through treatment planning, delivery and follow up.
What you’ll do
- Provide patient care by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history, educating patients and families on treatment process, side effects and recommending self-care measures.
- Consult with and/or refers patients to members of other health care disciplines as required.
- Perform treatment planning procedures by: reviewing, interpreting and implementing radiation treatment prescriptions for brachytherapy and external beam radiation therapy which include computerized treatment plans, use of immobilizing and beam modifying devices and, accurate dose calculations:
- Constructs immobilization, beam direction and shaping devices.
- Uses simulation and related equipment for generation and verification of treatment plans.
- Positions and marks patient to ensure optimal dose distribution & reproducibility of treatment plan.
- Performing manual and computerized planning calculations for radiation treatment techniques.
What you bring
- Degree in Radiation Therapy or recognized certificate and Canadian Association for Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certification.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Radiation Therapist or successful completion of a Radiation Therapy training program within five (5) years.
You also have demonstrated:
- Interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with patients, families, staff, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize issues and workload.
- Ability to apply clinical and technical knowledge into practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Skills in CPR techniques.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
- Relocation assistance may be available upon discussion with the Chief Radiation Therapist.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
To apply, please send the following to Adeline Chan, Advisor, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com:
- A cover letter
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- The name and contact information of 3 references
- Your preferred center of choice