More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Radiation Therapist, Radiation Oncology - BC Cancer - Abbotsford
Radiation Therapist, Radiation Oncology
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Radiation Therapist provides radiation services and patient care in accordance with established policies and standards of professional practice for radiation therapy. Provides radiation services through treatment planning, delivery and follow up.
What you’ll do
- Provide patient care by performing duties such as patient assessment, reviewing patient and family history, educating patients and families on treatment process and side effects and recommending self-care measures.
- Consult with and/or refers patients to members of other health care disciplines as required.
- Perform treatment planning procedures by:
- Review, interpret and implement radiation treatment prescriptions for brachytherapy and external beam radiation therapy which includes computerized treatment plans, use of immobilizing and beam modifying devices and, accurate dose calculations. Maintain accurate treatment record.
- Constructing immobilization and beam directional and shaping devices.
- Using simulation and related equipment for the generation and verification of treatment plans.
- Positioning and marking patient to ensure optimal dose distribution & reproducibility of treatment plan.
- Performing manual and computerized planning calculations for radiation treatment techniques.
What you bring
- Degree in Radiation Therapy or recognized certificate and Canadian Association for Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certified.
- Within the preceding five (5) years, the successful completion of Radiation Therapy training program or active employment as a Radiation Therapist.
You also have the ability to:
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with patients, families, staff, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
- Work independently and prioritize issues and workload.
- Apply clinical and technical knowledge into practice.
- Operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate skills in CPR techniques.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Wage: $37.08 to $46.38 per hour
Location: 32900 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2S 0C2
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 7-1500, 8-1600, 830-1630, 9-1700, 10-1800, 11-1900 or as operationally required
Requisition # 135034E
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 05, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.