More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Site Screener, Site Operations - BC Cancer Abbotsford
Site Screener, Site Operations
BC Cancer Abbotsford, $20.95 per hour
What you’ll do
- Verify the identity of individuals presenting at site entrances through respectful direct communication and identify if their access to the site is essential:
" Employees, Medical Staff, and Care Providers - verifying documentation such as checking employee identification and confirming working relationship to the site.
" Patients, Outpatients, and Essential Visitors - identifying information such as relevant documentation, appointment details, and patient visitor access forms.
" Deliveries, Contractors, Lab Services - identifying details of visit such as requisitions, relevant documents, and confirming purpose of visit with site unit.
- Screen each individual accessing the site by following established and documented processes such as administering symptom screening questionnaires and scripts, and following established infection prevention and control guidelines.
- Explain established infection prevention protocols, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage and criteria, and proper hand hygiene techniques to staff and visitors.
- In accordance with established procedures, direct essential patients and employees to assessment/testing centers, notifying other appropriate site personnel as required, and provide further directions to patients and essential visitors regarding the location of various departments and services.
- Using effective communication skills, explain site access restrictions to individuals, and follow relevant safety/security procedures, violence prevention/de-escalation orientation and cultural safety training guidelines; engage security personnel according to site procedures as necessary.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until October 2021) (Two Opportunities)
Wage: $20.95 per hour
32900 Marshall Road, Abbotsford
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday:0730-1530/0800-1600/0830-1630/0900-1700 or as operationally required
Requisition Number: 98715_98713
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 5th, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.