More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Specialist - Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Cancer - Provincial Sites
Clinical Informatics Specialist
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Cancer – Provincial Sites
Do you have a clinical background, and are keen to exercise your IT and project management expertise as part of a large-scale, multi-year project projected to transform the future of health care? As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with BC Cancer, you will lead and support clinical work flow design and change initiatives in support of the strategic roadmap of the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) implementation.
Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to an extended hours schedule during go live periods may be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go live period.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of IT initiatives in alignment with the strategic road map for BC Cancer clinical informatics solutions.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BC Cancer centres. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for analysis and performance measurement purposes, ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
- Lead functional user acceptance testing and be responsible for business sign-off.
- Participate in lean process improvement initiatives and ensure all process changes are aligned to the lean methodology endorsed by the agency.
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications, ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s of Nursing degree or related field.
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years’ recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cerner millennium solutions and Cancer Agency Information System (CAIS).
- Experience in a clinical setting.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer focus and strong professional acumen.
- Extensive experience working with personal computers, particularly with applications such as MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work creatively and apply critical thinking.
- Maintain accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Facilitate groups to solicit information, resolve issues and foster cooperation.
- Maintain organization and manage multiple priorities.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time (until 09/17/2021)
Location: Provincial position; primary work location may be any of the 6 sites, which include: Abbotsford, Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00(Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of each activation site closer to the go-live period)
Requisition Number: 98018
What we do
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) project is a large-scale, multi-year project between the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC). Designed to transform clinical practices and systems – ultimately improving the safety, quality and consistency of patient care – our goal is to deliver streamlined care through standardized clinical practices and a fully integrated clinical information system.
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.