More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Lead, Psychology Training - Forensic Psychiatric Services, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Lead, Psychology Training
Forensic Psychiatric Services, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, BC, $47.09 to $58.70 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership for the training and development of psychology students/trainees across BCMHSUS, including the BCMHSUS Clinical Forensic Psychology Residency Program (Accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)) and other psychology students/trainees such as clinical practicum and post-doctoral fellowship placements.
- Act as a liaison to the CPA and to regional, provincial, national and international academic institutions whose students are accepted for training. Ensure that training provided meets all requirements pertaining to accreditation and professional standards.
- Responsible for coordinating participation in the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centres (APPIC) matching process for residents and post-doctoral fellows, and maintaining membership and directory listing with the Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs (CCPPP) and other organizations as relevant.
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of the Residency program, including the promotion of the program and recruitment of resident applicants, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures. Oversee the orientation, onboarding, training and evaluation of residents in accordance with CPA accreditation standards. This includes the development of appropriate training rotations, assignment of clinical supervisors, development of a didactic training curriculum, and all required evaluation, monitoring, communication, and remediation processes.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Clinical-Forensic Psychology and six (6) years of years of recent, related clinical experience
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the standards of practice and regulations for Psychology as established by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $47.09 to $58.70 per hour
TBD – British Columbia
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800 - 1600
Requisition Number: 95316
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 27, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.