More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Oncology Drug Information Specialist - BC Cancer - Provincial
Oncology Drug Information Specialist
The Oncology Drug Information Specialist utilizes expertise gained through post-graduate education, training and experience to function as an external resource and expert practitioner, educator and consultant for the majority of time, responding to inquiries from health care professionals throughout the Province of British Columbia. In addition, the Oncology Drug Information Specialist develops oncology information resources and facilitating the effective distribution of oncology drug information throughout the Province to both health care professionals and oncology patients.
What you’ll do
- Provide consultative services external to the Agency to own and other disciplines including Pharmacists, Physicians and Nurses on diverse and complex oncology drug issues to address concerns and resolve problems associated with pharmaceutical care.
- Develop drug protocols for review and discussion with Tumour Group Committee members. Review and finalize information for inclusion in documentation such as the Cancer Drug Manual, Parenteral Drug Therapy Monographs, Cancer Management Manual and Benefit Drug list that is distributed throughout the Province and accessed nationally and internationally. Respond to inquiries from both internal and external users.
- Complete medical literature searches, critically evaluating and interpreting research data, seeking and receiving interdisciplinary input and communicating information throughout the Province.
- Provide consultative services external to the Agency to patients by providing expert advice, education and consultation on oncology drug information and pharmaceutical care.
- Develop standards associated with quality assurance programs through methods such as development of Systemic Therapy policies, ongoing review of treatment protocols and drug information resources.
- Develop course curriculum in the area of Oncology for the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences; participate as an instructor for the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
What you bring
- Post-graduate Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited university.
- Completion of a Hospital Residency Program.
- Current licensure with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Four (4) years of recent related experience including experience in oncology and/or hematology drug information or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will also have demonstrated ability to:
- Operate related equipment including the ability to use computerized pharmacy and drug information systems and familiarity with other software applications, for example Word and Excel.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal effectively with all members and levels of the Agency’s health care team, patients, family members, members of the public and external health care professionals.
- Perform the duties of the position.
- Organize work, establish priorities and be self-directed.
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles.
- Demonstrated skills in CPR techniques
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (Until September 29, 2023)
Wage: $55.78 to $69.68 per hour.
Location: Provincial Position- Applicant may work based out of any BC Cancer location.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730
Requisition # 142475E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.