More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Expression of Interest: Registered Psychologists
BC Emergency Health Services
The BCEHS Critical Incident Stress (CIS) Program provides first responders with access to mental health supports and resources to foster the personal wellness of all employees within BCEHS. This involves timely critical incident stress management interventions and linking to resources for ongoing support to staff by utilizing our clinical team. We are looking for trauma informed clinicians to join our team and provide services both virtually and in-person across BC on a fee for service-based contract (written reports will not be required.)
We are looking for individuals with:
- Ph.D/Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from a CPA accredited graduate program
- Professional College membership/registration with a mental health association: CPBC, CPA, BCPA
- Two years of experience in therapeutic, diagnostic/assessment, and consultation services in mental health
- Ability to provide services in-person and online
We consider the following strong assets:
- Post-graduate counselling experience with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Certifications in EMDR, CISM, Sensory-Motor, Couples, Youth, CBT, and Trauma
- Experience working with public safety personnel
- Ability to accommodate urgent referrals within 24-48 hours
We would like to hear from you if you have an interest in working in the following areas:
- Stress Management
- Couples & Relationships
- Grief and Loss
- Indigenous community
Payment Model: Fee for service
Hourly Rate: $225 rate set by registering body
Education: Doctoral Degree or Master’s Degree (grandfathered)
License/Certification: Professional College Membership or Registration (required)
How to Apply:
We have an ongoing interest to recruit qualified applicants to join the Critical Incident Stress Network. Interested applicants should submit questions and email a complete package with the following materials to email@example.com
- Letter of intent that describes your relevant training and clinical experience, career goals and interests, and reasons for applying.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19
- Two professional references: names, phone numbers, and emails required
- Completion of this Fillable Form
What we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services. BCEHS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.