TeleNurse - Healthlink BC, LangleyApply Now Apply Later
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
TeleNurse - HealthLink BC, Langley
Temporary Full Time until September 2019
Shifts: Varied Day/Evening and Day/Night and Evening rotations – 12 hour shifts
The orientation/training class is full-time for 3 weeks, Monday-Friday, followed by preceptor shifts. Candidates must be able to commit to the entirety of the orientation/training class. Following the successful completion of the orientation/training class, the TeleNurses will move into their lines. Registered Nurses employed under the BC Emergency Health Services are fully integrated into the two Lower Mainland HealthLink BC Contact Centres working exclusively for HealthLink BC within the Ministry of Health. As the gateway to non-emergency health information and advice in British Columbia, HealthLink BC is a phone number (8-1-1), a website (ww.healthLinkBC.ca), an iOS app and the BC HealthGuide Handbook, all of which put services and health know-how into the hands of BC residents. Nurses working at HealthLink BC provide heath information to BC residents 24/7/365.
** To meet the needs of business continuity and safety standards, applicants must be flexibile to work at both locations (Burnaby & Langley). All reason efforts will be made to provide you with as much notice as possible in these cases.
Candidates must be able to commit to attending a full time (Monday to Friday) three week paid Orientation and Training class. Travel to both sites (Burnaby & Langley) will be required during the Orientation and Training class.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum three (3) years recent relevant experience in acute care, community health, public health or continuing care
- Experience working in a Tele-Nurse role, including formal Tele-Nurse training is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted contact centre environment
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated listening skills
- Ability to keyboard a minimum of 30 wpm
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with relevant software such as MS Word and contact centre applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a highly monitored work environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: www.phsa.ca/careers/nursing
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.