More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Accounts Payable (Invoice Processor)
The Clerk IV, AP Invoice Processor performs accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. The Clerk also investigates and resolves complex problems and follows up with relevant parties as needed.
What you'll do
- Be the first point of contact when processing and reconciling suppliers’ invoices.
- Process invoices in accordance with established controls, policies and procedures. Invoices should adhere to the necessary requirements including vendor account, PO number (where applicable), invoice approvals and cost allocation.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and receiving.
- Work with stakeholders to resolve invoice and account issues and discrepancies.
- Review and monitor discount opportunities and tax compliance.
- Peer review invoice batches to ensure controls are in place, mistakes and gaps are identified and corrections are made.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements and take corrective action as necessary.
- Assist in vendor account maintenance by identifying necessary changes to the account.
- Assist in the period end process by assembling the information necessary for determining expense accrual.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education, preferably with some accounting courses.
- At least one (1) year of recent, related experience in a fast-paced, high volume Accounts Payable environment.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience – full cycle AP, general accounting, etc. – may be considered.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or comparable ERP system.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
You should have:
- Excellent work ethic.
- Demonstrable effective organization and communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Keen interest in building relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Temporary Full Time until December 2021
Location 1795 Willingdon Ave Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Wage:$23.34/ per hour
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.