More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
BC Clinical & Support Services
What you’ll do
- Invoices patients, medical service plans and other organizations for activities such as patient services, programs, lab tests, medical insurance claims, Alternative Payment Program claims, contract recoveries and provision of drugs.
- Processes invoices and related payments by performing tasks such as entering invoices and payments in batches, verifying batch totals with source documents, comparing payments received to the invoices recorded, identifies discrepancies and following up with patients or billing agencies.]
- Prepares routine journal entries from a variety of source documents.
- Reconciles sub-ledger to general ledger control account by performing tasks such as reviewing data and identifying discrepancies, and making adjustments.
- Review patient accounts age reports to identify reasons accounts are outstanding. Identifies discrepancies and makes adjustments.
- Performs follow-up on delinquent accounts by performing tasks such as making phone calls, sending written reminders or referring to a collection agency. Refers all recommended write-offs, transfer of delinquent accounts to collection agency, and alternate payment arrangements to the supervisor.
- Prepares collections listing and supporting documentation to transfer delinquent accounts to collection agencies.
- Maintains collection files, updates collection agencies when payments are received and answers questions regarding outstanding accounts.
- Assists with review of revenue variances and patterns by performing tasks such as collecting data and providing reports on areas such as invoice volumes and customer status.
What you bring
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course
- Two year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (Accounts Recievable position).
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Wage: $26.51 / Hour
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 08:00 - 16:00 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 146247E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 1, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.