Application RemediatorApply Now Apply Later
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Reporting to the Application Peripheral Testing and Acceptance (APTA) Lead, the Application Remediator is responsible for leading the planning and execution readiness activities for assigned applications, databases and peripherals. This includes installation, testing (functional and user acceptance testing), remediation, packaging and quality assurance (QA) in a managed environment. The Application Remediator engages and leads key stakeholders including clients, IMITS technical teams and Service Providers through the end-to-end APTA process providing thought leadership and expert recommendations to ensure that the solution meets the client’s clinical and business needs. The Application Remediator will commit to and pursue continuous quality improvement according to IT Service Management best practices.
- Plan and execute the end-to-end APTA process for assigned applications and databases including engaging clients, vendors, and IMITS Technical Teams to complete installation and testing (functional and user acceptance). Facilitate meetings and provide thought leadership including technical solutioning expertise to remediate issues and ensure operability in the HealthBC environment. Package and QA applications and databases
- Provide expert recommendations to clients to influence new solution acceptance for cases where issues cannot be remediated; obtain sign-off from clients and internal business application owners; guide delivery type such as Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or manual installation and package application accordingly
- Validate application requirements including licensing and versioning; identify software/peripheral dependency impacts by working with key internal stakeholders such as clients, IMITS Application Owners and Service Providers / vendors; conduct client interviews to collect their requirements exercising judgment to distinguish core clinical and business requirements from the broader requests
- Lead and engage IMITS technical teams, Service Providers and vendors to ensure readiness and holistic end-to-end delivery of solutions to the client. This includes performing project and change management activities; and implementing approved solutions and plans
- Maintain current knowledge on new developments in APTA techniques; evaluate internal application testing and remediation methodologies for gaps relative to emerging best practices; provide recommendations on opportunities for improvement; and share best practices with team members
- Develop Manual Installation Instruction Set (MIIS) and other related process documentation that add further insight and depth of knowledge to IMITS APTA function ensuring there is no negative impacts to clinical or business workflows
- Engage clients including senior site stakeholders and department managers, and maintain ongoing communication as part of fulfilling the role’s core accountabilities
- Complete application upgrades, provide issue resolution support and support special projects as required
- Participate in all required team, governance and client engagement meetings in support of fulfilling the role’s core accountabilities
- Adhere to direction, processes and requirements as defined by the APTA Lead as well as Manager Workplace Technology and Services
- Perform other related duties as required
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a degree in information technology or related discipline. One or more certification in application packaging such as AdminStudio Certification. Five (5) to seven (7) years of recent related experience with IT disciplines from an enterprise environment in a large, complex, multi-site organization.
- Must have previous experience with application and database testing (both functional and user acceptance) and remediation
- Strong working knowledge in packaging methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer
- Ability to translate clinical and business needs to technical solution requirements
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to resolve technical issues
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated experience in exercising strong communications and interpersonal skills to effectively relate to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in adhering to standardized procedures as well as strong process orientation
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with diverse stakeholders, focusing on clients, and working in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with MS Office (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Understanding of project management and change management as well as transformational awareness is an asset
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.