More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Associate, Records and Benefits
Reporting to the Team Lead, Employee Records and Benefits, the Employee Records and Benefits Associate is responsible for administering all benefits programs, and collecting and interpreting employee information from managers/directors for new hires, terminations, job status/salary changes, and leaves. Enters relevant information into HRIS system and updates enrollment with Benefit Carriers as required. Liaises with employees, managers, HR, Recruitment, Payroll, Scheduling/Timekeeping to process, document and record employee data. Provides explanation and benefit interpretations to employees and/or stakeholders. Liaises with benefit carriers, other employers and governmental agencies, such as the Pension Corporation, regulatory bodies and professional associations to obtain information, clarify discrepancies, resolve problems and deal with employee concerns. Interprets and applies collective agreements and relevant policies.
What you'll do
- Process accurate bi-weekly employee records covering all documentation related to new hires, transfers, terminations, leaves, status/salary changes, seniority and other relevant information
- Process accurate employee benefits information, including enrolments, terminations and status changes that reflect employees request and/or contractual and carrier requirements
- Process database queries/audits to ensure accuracy of employee records and benefits. Identifies audit discrepancies and provides quality improvement recommendations to the Team Lead
- Respond to employee/manager enquiries related to records, benefits and leave entitlements, investigate/analyze problems and make necessary adjustments by liaising with Payroll, Recruitment, HR and other employers or governmental agencies
- Prepare a variety of correspondence to employees, including transfer, termination and leave letters, information related to benefit coverage, and self-pay benefit purchase
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline plus two to three (2 - 3) years recent related health care experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communicate skills.
- Skills in the use of computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and database programs (MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio) and PeopleSoft is required.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
- Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
- Workdays: Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
- Requisition Number: 098595E
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.