More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk III, Payroll
Reporting to the Payroll Advisor, the Clerk III, Payroll assists the payroll customer service representatives in running the biweekly payroll for Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Healthcare and Provincial Health Services Authority, ensuring excellent customer service and all processes and procedures are carried out in accordance with defined criteria.
What you'll do
- Creates and maintains relevant and accurate payroll distribution labels and lists. Prepares, organizes and distributes bi-weekly pay advices and cheques utilizing the appropriate, secure mailing distribution method. Ensures bi-weekly deadline for courier pick-up is met.
- Receives incoming queries related to address changes, and the location of lost pay advices or cheques and responds or redirects to appropriate department or individual. Monitors returned mail and redistributes accordingly.
- Processes, sorts and distributes incoming mail, fax and couriered items utilizing PeopleSoft to look up location, employee, union number and other pertinent data to ensure accurate distribution of documents.
- Identifies and re-routes non-payroll incoming mail to appropriate departments. Organizes various courier pick-ups as directed by customer payroll representatives, Managers, and Director of department.
- Scans and enters payroll documents into DocuShare ensuring that documents are up-to-date and accessible to the department. Performs other filing duties as required by the department.
- Prepares boxes of documents for transfer to storage facility by clarifying/confirming request and ensuring accurate labeling. Responds to department retrieval requests and maintains a record log of boxes transferred to storage facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12 and one year of related clerical experience or an equivalent combination of experience, training and experience.
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (12) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $21.37 per hour
Location: 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Closing date: Open until filled
Hours of Work: 08:00-16:00 Monday - Friday
Requisition # 114059E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.