|Job Title:||EXPENSE MODULE CLERK|
|Job Location:||Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby|
|Job Type:||Regular, Full Time|
|Start Date of Employment:||21-Jan-2019|
|Work Days:||Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,|
|Hours of Work:||07:30 - 15:30|
|Work Site:||1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby|
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Coordinator, the Expense Module Clerk oversees the timely and accurate processing of Employee Expense Claims. The Expense Module Clerk is responsible for the review, pre-audit, payment and post audit of all Expense Claim submissions, including investigation and recovery of duplicate claim submissions. Duties include supporting PHSA staff to enter and update claims in the Expense Module, pre-audit and post audit of claims, and reconciling designated accounts. Provides direction and support to AP Staff as required, to process paper based claims.
1. Reconciles and analyzes designated accounts such as travel advance, relocation expense, and AP expense Sub-Ledger accounts by performing tasks such as reviewing, extracting and interpreting information and identifying trends and/or problems and preparing related reports. Identifies problems or discrepancies and takes corrective action. Prepares period end and year-end working papers as required for audit purposes for approval by the manager.
2. Performs pre-audit review of expense claims per established office guidelines to provide additional assurance that expenses meet organizational policy prior to payment. Identifies problems, discrepancies and takes corrective actions, such as denying/returning non-compliant claims to employee and or approver for further details or escalated authorization.
3. Performs random post-audit review of expense claims and submits results to AP Manager for reporting to PHSA Corporate Finance.
4. Assists with duplicates review and recovery of duplicate payment by performing tasks such as investigating claims to identify duplicate submissions which require deletion or recovery of overpayment. Initiates, monitors and follow-up on recovery of duplicate payments. Provides feedback to Analyst or Manager to reduce duplicate submission of expense claims such as training/communication to staff or improve analytical tools for detection of duplicates.
5. Investigates and reroutes expense claims for alternate approval when necessary, such as retirement gifts, Financial Signing Register failures, dual approvals or manual approvals.
6. Prepares journal entries to record any adjustment entries related to Expense Processing. Journal entries are provided to AP Manager or designate for review and approval.
7. Over-sees and reviews manual expense claims processed by AP processing staff as part of the Pre-Audit process for paper-based expense claims.
8. Provides support to PHSA staff related to Expense Claims processing and trouble shooting, with technical assistance from the Analyst as required. This includes assisting staff with delegation set-up within the Expense Module as required. Provides dedicated support via a dedicated email box and phone line.
9. Provides support to Vendor Team related to wire and on-line payments as required.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
• Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized accounting course and three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.