IT Analyst, Server Operations, Technology Services
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary, Casual, Contractor
Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful Laboratory team member at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
“No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better.”Shukri Ahmed
“I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things.”John Panzo
Business Analyst, Project Services
“We are fortunate to have an amazing team of intelligent, reliable and dedicated professionals. Our health care system depends on a number of systems and technologies to function correctly and efficiently, and your commitment to this organization does not go unnoticed. Thank you for the incredible contributions that you make - not only enable the health system today but to help transform the system for the future to improve patient and provider experiences.”Shannon Malovec
Executive Vice President, Digital Health & Information Services
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended Health and Dental Benefits
Health and Wellness Programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit municipal pension plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "YOU" time for activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Job DetailsIT Analyst, Server Operations, Technology Services Burnaby, Canada
IT Analyst, Server Operations, Technology Services
BC Clinical & Support Services
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The IT Analyst, Service Operations, provides technical tier 2 analysis of system issues and outages utilizing considerable knowledge of a networked computer environment and customer technologies through the analysis and diagnosis of problems and outages, and formulation of solutions to technical problems, and ensures assigned equipment and software, including security equipment, is operational to a defined standard. Verifies incidents are logged, documents mitigation strategies, prioritizes and escalates according to established procedures. The IT Analyst performs system administration tasks such as formulating solutions requiring considerable knowledge of the network/system, patching operating systems and applications, and executing various scripts.
What you’ll do
- Monitors infrastructure components and systems related to network, telephony, servers, storage, Microsoft Exchange, Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory, print, and security using management tools, including both formulating solutions and using vendor utilities; identifies issues (faults/exceptions), makes or recommends adjustments, and escalates issues or potential issues as required. Verifies all incidences are logged by methods such as reviewing system automated alerts for priority assignment, logs incidents and resolves or assigns to another team.
- Responds to system incidents and other tickets via the service desk by performing tasks such as gathering information and feedback from user department, investigating and prioritizing incidents and tickets according to potential impact, analyzing and diagnosing problems and formulating solutions, escalating unresolved incidents and tickets as required, and communicating progress on tickets to the service desk, customers, and/or technical teams.
- Analyzes intermediate technology problems and works with multidisciplinary specialists to resolve if required on more advanced issues.
- Adapts existing, or creates new reports from data repositories for purpose of trending and analysis or inventory needs.
- Develops system monitoring notifications by methods such as building, testing and implementing system alerts, utilizing technology vendor tools and knowledge of environmental conditions and how different technology components interact.
- Documents all operations tasks in accordance with established procedures for the Technology Services team. Performs record keeping functions surrounding hardware such as inventories, equipment locations and other asset management information.
- Develops and maintains technical support procedures in areas such as hardware and technical software operations and monitoring and issue remediation.
- Provides training to users and technical advice and participates in planning for the installation of new/revised application systems, and provides work plans relating to the installation of hardware and software specific to systems implementations.
- Participates in working groups for process improvement and projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you bring
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two (2) year computer systems technology diploma program plus three (3) years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
- Ability to type.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-time
Temporary End Date: April 7, 2024
Wage: $41.93 / Hour
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 07:00-19:00 and 19:00-07:00 rotating shifts (Rotating)
Requisition # 153157E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 6, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Jobs for You
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs