More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Burnaby Hospital, LM Labs
What you’ll do
- Enter patient demographics, specimen description and results in computer system.
- Transcribe medical dictation such as Autopsy, Surgical and Bone Marrow reports, medicolegal consultation reports, etc. from dictation equipment and/or written draft. Print out reports and distribute as appropriate.
- Type material such as correspondence, papers, lectures, procedure manuals, memoranda, letters, reports, etc. from dictation equipment or hand-written draft, as assigned.
- Open mail and distribute. Answer incoming calls, take messages, answer enquiries or refer as appropriate.
- Set up and maintain filing systems including reports, slides, etc.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Graduation from a recognized program in medical transcription.
- One (1) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard 60 wpm.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
3935 Kincaid Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 2X6
Application will be accepted until position is filled
Work Days: Rotating
Hours of Work: Rotating
What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.