More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse / New Grad - Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction
New Grad / Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Casual Opportunities Available
Hours of Work: 0700-1900/1900-0700 (rotating on call)
Hourly Rate: $35.53-$46.65
Location: 28-3405 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC
Are you a compassionate RN or RPN, passionate about working with individuals affected by substance use? Join our team and help the centre provide essential nursing care to a complex and vulnerable population.
What you'll do
- Provide nursing care to individuals with concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, homelessness and physical health needs.
- Provide direct health care services to clients presenting with a wide variety and complexity of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases including communicable diseases, addictions, mental health and general health issues.
- Perform physical, addiction and psychiatric assessments.
- Refer clients to the physician for further examination, administer prescribed treatments and medications.
- Observe, monitor, evaluate and document client progress, symptoms, and behavioral changes and perform a variety of health care interventions.
- Provide education and support to clients/groups using a health promotion approach.
- Work collaboratively with other health care professionals, client, family and community.
What you bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse or as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years’ recent experience providing acute or community health nursing care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
We encourage new nurse graduates to apply!
What we do
The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction is a province-wide resource for people who are affected by problematic substance use, mental health issues and health care concerns. The goal of this 100-bed facility is to support people to regain their health, benefit from treatment, and eventually return to community life, with continued support for recovery. The Centre integrates mental health, substance use and primary care to provide a holistic approach and focuses on a person’s individual strengths. In addition, the Centre fills a gap in service and meets the complex needs of people who are homeless or living in unstable housing, who are vulnerable, and who are affected by significant physical and mental health issues and substance use problems.
The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health and Addiction is a partnership among the Ministry of Health, Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health. Clients can access the Centre through referrals from hospital, community and the criminal justice system.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS), www.bcmhsus.ca, is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Burnaby Centre will be expanding and moving to a new location. Click on the video link to get a sneak peak of the new facility: https://youtu.be/f0BMm4pc45c
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.