More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Payroll Clerk (Casual)
PHSA is seeking a strong payroll professional with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to join our team as a Customer Service Representative within our Payroll department. We are anticipating ongoing growth over the next five years and this is an opportunity for an individual with related skills to join our team.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have payroll-related experience and excel at customer service, our team is looking for you!
- $25.33/hour +12.6% in lieu
- Facilities Bargaining Association Unionized environment
- Willingdon location with transit and SkyTrain options nearby
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career in payroll, accounting or finance
In this role, you will:
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for over 1,000 employees on bi-weekly basis in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enter, maintain, verify and update employee Payroll data such as direct deposit information, deductions, and personal information.
- Process terminations: calculate final pay including vacation accrual, issue ROEs.
- Handle payroll record updates by keeping changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Reconcile year-end payroll, including taxable benefits and prepare and issue T4s.
- Perform electronic data transfer of time administration system timesheets to PeopleSoft, investigating discrepancies and making adjustments and corrections as required.
- Respond to inquiries related to the preparation and processing of payroll policies.
- Review and investigate time records for accuracy in coding and completeness.
- Prepare a variety of reports such as Statistics Canada Report and Year-to-date Balancing Report.
- Ensure assigned employee payroll information is securely maintained, recorded, and filed accurately in a timely manner.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized payroll course.
- Three years' of experience in managing payroll cycles from start to end in a complex environment.
- Working towards or having obtained the PCP certification is an added bonus.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
If you want to make an impact in healthcare, apply now!
- Requisition #: CSR-P002
- Location: 1795 Willingdon, Burnaby BC
- Closing Date: When the position is filled.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.