More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Purchasing Clerk V, Supply Chain (Casual)
The Supply Chain Purchasing Clerk V assists customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs and is responsible for organizing and processing requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The Purchasing Clerk performs Supply Chain clerical duties including reconciling invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and is responsible for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing technical and non-technical materials, spreadsheet, and database duties. Under the supervision of the Buyer and/or Management, the Purchasing Clerk drafts all sourcing documents and conducts all related research and documentation. The Purchasing Clerk maintains master contract files and assists Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
What you'll do
1. Order supplies, equipment and services utilizing computerized procurement systems and software applications to administer direct, standing, contract and repair/service orders.
- Receive and process requisitions;
- Check the accuracy of department and account coding;
- Determine price and availability from vendors;
- Prepare purchase orders and communicate orders to vendors;
- Expedite orders;
- Investigate and resolve backorders and delivery issues;
- Coordinate and/or arrange service repairs;
- Maintain records and departmental filing systems as required
- Processe credits owed with suppliers and process returns to vendor
2. Maintain data integrity across supply chain files and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures by entering any new items and contracts as well as any changes including but not limited to supplier information, product information, product codes, units of measure, descriptions or prices as directed by the Buyer and/or Management.
3. Resolve invoice and receiving discrepancies by researching discrepancies, liaising with customer & receiving personnel, communicates changes to internal/external clients, updates system files, processes product return/substitution documentation, and traces shipments as required to maintain system efficiency.
4. Investigate and resolve back ordered items and damaged goods; trace duplicate shipments and organize invoice adjustments and credit notes with suppliers as required; return outdated and/or deleted stock to vendors.
5. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assist contract sourcing by reviewing contract data to identify opportunities for consolidation, engage suppliers on contract extensions and prepares supporting documentation, communications, and related research for review and approval of Buyer and/or Management.
6. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assist in reviewing responses to competitive bids by recording and summarizing responses and presents initial data analysis to Buyer and/or Management for review and approval.
7. Liaise with customers:
- To identify requirements and specifications;
- To determine source of supply, availability and price of goods;
- Obtain vendor quotes;
- provide customer with product and contract details and refers contract interpretation enquiries to Buyer and/or Management
- Arrange for approved product demonstrations with suppliers, vendors and user departments;
- Process related manual and/or electronic forms based on user department requests.
8. Perform all clerical duties required by the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology such as perform data pulls, review data to ensure accuracy and integrity, enter item information, prices, product description and prepare documentation as required by Buyer and/or Management in the sourcing process, organizing and presenting data in required formats (ie: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, .pdf) and prepare related correspondence.
9. Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, prepare and complete required contract documentation using standard templates where no material changes are required. Maintain and update consolidated provincial contract registry in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provide current information/reports, such as contract expiry, and utilization as required.
10. Prepare product evaluation and validation forms and tabulates responses.
11. Respond to routine enquiries related to order management. Prepare and coordinate related communication, for internal and external distribution.
12. Perform general clerical duties as required, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Organize work.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Be part of creating change and making an impact on the health care services that we all use
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Opportunity to be part of a team that is focused on making a difference
Location: 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Closing date: Open until filled
Reference Number: 095484E
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.