More than just a job.
Supply Chain’s success relies on teamwork that is not unlike that in clinical areas. Each member from different business streams in Supply Chain works closely together to deliver the right products and services at the right price, to the right place, at the right time. Every link in the chain focuses on customer needs: from sourcing teams who procure supplies required for specialized care; to warehouse and logistics professionals who receive, store, and deliver supply products across the province; to in-hospital replenishment teams integrated into the clinical landscape within all B.C. hospitals; to licensed clinicians who bring their deep clinical knowledge to standardization initiatives. Our Supply Chain stands as a successful example of what collaboration and provincial focus looks like in practice.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior,
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful Supply Chain Professional at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship Expert
About Supply Chain Management at PHSA
PHSA Supply Chain is the sole contracting agent and manages all contracts for BC health authority goods, supplies, equipment and services with the exception of clinical and construction contracts. Supply chain management processes over 925,000 orders with a value of over $2 billion annually in the form of 250 million products. They support 71 hospitals and care sites province-wide. Supply chain employs over 1,300 employees to support all six BC health authorities, with regional branch offices in each health authority and a local presence to support each health authority’s needs. The service covers all elements of supply chain management including contracting and materials management. Supply Chain Management is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose
"Almost every piece of equipment, every medication, every supply for the Lower Mainland hospitals comes through this warehouse. In our work, we often talk about ‘Mabel on the table.’ She’s the imaginary patient who’s counting on us to make sure that the clinicians providing her care have everything they need, on time, to do their jobs."Dean Wilkes Warehouse and Logistics Lead, Langley Fulfullment Centre
"A team aproach in any endeavor is key to success in Supply Chain. Along with my clinical expertise and experience, I count on other members of the Supply Chain team who are also experienced, knowledgeable and highly specialized in business, logistics and analytics. I believe working collaboratively with all members yields success."Arturo Macapagal RN, CPN, Supply Chain Clinical Coordinator, Standardization
"The most rewarding part of my job is knowing that I make a difference. My work helps contribute to the larger team here at PHSA. My behind the scene work as a Purchasing Clerk helps to provide necessary supplies to patients and medical personnel to enable better care and recovery. I know I don’t deal with patients directly, but I feel so much pride when I think about my part within patient care. My heart is filled with joy knowing that I can help in such a small but meaningful way."Gloria Santos-Ganadin Purchasing Clerk
With approximately 1,000 employees located across the province, Supply Chain manages over $2 billion in total annual spending on behalf of all six BC health authorities. Supply Chain covers all elements of supply chain management including contracting and materials management (purchasing, warehousing and distribution).
Swift Supply Chain Action Kept COVID-19 Tests Running
As our COVID-19 response evolves, we've been gathering stories of the different teams and people from across our organization working to protect each other and the communities we serve.
"Especially in this time when we're all really carefully watching our supplies' I'm extremely proud that our team gave what we could to contribute to this province-wide effort," said Catriona Gano, director of laboratory medicine at Island Health.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
Paid Time Off
13 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement
Close to Public Transportation
Spend your commute time reading, Texting or organizing
Be part of an integrated health care supply chain provincial network
Purchasing Clerk V, Supply Chain
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
- Assisting customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs and is responsible for organizing and processing requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Responsible for clerical duties including reconciling invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and is responsible for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing technical and non-technical materials, spreadsheet, and database duties.
- Drafting all sourcing documents and conducts all related research and documentation. The Purchasing Clerk maintains master contract files and assists Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
What you’ll do
- Orders supplies, equipment and services utilizing computerized procurement systems and software applications to administer direct, standing, contract and repair/service orders. Duties include: recieving and processing requisitions, checking the accuracy of department and account coding, determining price and availability from vendors, preparing purchase orders and communicates orders to vendors, expeditting orders, investigating and resolving backorders and delivery issues coordinating and/or arranging service repairs, maintaining records and departmental filing systems as required and processing credits owed with suppliers and processes returns to vendor.
- Maintains data integrity across supply chain files and information systems in accordance with established policies and procedures by entering any new items and contracts as well as any changes including but not limited to supplier information, product information, product codes, units of measure, descriptions or prices as directed by the Buyer and/or Management.
- Resolves invoice and receiving discrepancies by researching discrepancies, liaising with customer & receiving personnel, communicates changes to internal/external clients, updates system files, processes product return/substitution documentation, and traces shipments as required to maintain system efficiency.
- Investigates and resolves back ordered items and damaged goods; traces duplicate shipments and organizes invoice adjustments and credit notes with suppliers as required; returns outdated and/or deleted stock to vendors.
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists contract sourcing by reviewing contract data to identify opportunities for consolidation, engages suppliers on contract extensions and prepares supporting documentation, communications, and related research for review and approval of Buyer and/or Management
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, assists in reviewing responses to competitive bids by recording and summarizing responses and presents initial data analysis to Buyer and/or Management for review and approval.
- Liaises with customers to: identify requirements and specifications, determine source of supply, availability and price of goods, obtain vendor quotes; provide customer with product and contract details and refers contract interpretation enquiries to Buyer and/or Management, arrange for approved product demonstrations with suppliers, vendors and user departments and processes related manual and/or electronic forms based on user department requests.
- Performs all clerical duties required by the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology such as perform data pulls, review data to ensure accuracy and integrity, enter item information, prices, product description and prepare documentation as required by Buyer and/or Management in the sourcing process, organizing and presenting data in required formats (ie: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, .pdf) and prepare related correspondence.
- Under the direction of the Buyer and/or Management, prepares and completes required contract documentation using standard templates where no material changes are required. Maintains and updates consolidated provincial contract registry in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides current information/reports, such as contract expiry, and utilization as required.
- Prepares product evaluation and validation forms and tabulates responses.
- Responds to routine enquiries related to order management. Prepares and coordinates related communication, for internal and external distribution.
- Performs general clerical duties as required, including recording and distributing meeting minutes.
What you bring
- Grade 12 supplemented by accounting courses and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual (On Call) with No guaranteed hours
Wage: $25.42 per hour + 12.6% in lieu
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC V5C 6E3
Hours and Days of Work: 07:30 - 15:30, Monday - Friday
Requisition #: 131202E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.