More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Security Architect/Manager IMITS
Security Architect/Manager - IMITS
Ensure our technology optimally supports our business, so we can achieve our vision of “excellence in health, every time.”
As the Security Architect/Manager, you will do this by:
- Having our business mission, strategy, goals, objectives, and processes drive IMITS strategy.
- Coordinating security and technical planning for large scale system initiatives.
- Leveraging best practice security architecture techniques to ensure that technology initiatives provide meet security targets.
- Leading external service procurement by identifying business challenges and solutions.
You are a security architect with deep knowledge of application security architecture, infrastructure security or experienced operational security expertise. You are also a pro-active leader, an analytical problem solver, and a skilled communicator.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Defining the principles that guide enterprise architecture decisions and developing and implementing related policies, standards, strategies and plans.
- Developing business, technology and security architectures and standards that support the implementation of IMITS strategy. Providing high level strategic advice for investment in technology systems and processes to support business objectives.
- Designing and coordinating the implementation of an enterprise-wide architecture and directing activities to ensure compliance with the architecture.
- Researching and analyzing market, technology, and industry trends and standards that affect health information systems, technology and infrastructure, and other platforms. Determining the potential impact on the enterprise and the suitability of different approaches in solving emerging business needs, and recommending the appropriate approach for PHSA.
- Coordinating technical planning for corporate large-scale systems initiatives, working closely with business units, functional area managers, senior IMITS, clinical and architecture team members to define the goals, objectives and plans that direct systems design and implementation activities.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors of Science from a recognized University in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A minimum of ten (10) years recent related experience in security, architecture planning, design and development of multi-tiered, multi-threaded, highly available infrastructure and recent related experience in a research development management role.
- Demonstrated understanding and broad knowledge of application, data or security architecture and optimization, Systems Development Life Cycle, project design, methodologies, developing and managing project strategies, evaluation and monitoring, project management principles, and multiple project interaction and integration.
- Expert knowledge and experience in core computer technologies and strategies, including technology design, implementation, support and administration functions related to Microsoft technologies; Linux; Oracle, MySql and MS SQL, including SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and views; client/server and Web development, and general networking experience including technology design, implementation equipment and support functions related to VPN, Ethernet, switching, routing, security, transport protocols, web and application servers.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent ability to organize work and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
If you are ready to take ownership of this this pivotal portfolio, apply now.
Req # 78587-1
Location: 1795 Willingdon Ave, Burnaby, BC
Posting closes when the position is filled.
Information Management Information Technology Services (IMITS) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.