More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Social Worker (MSW) - Burnaby Centre/Soon to open Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Social Worker (MSW) – Casual Opportunities
Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
$35.65 - $44.56/hr
*We will be hosting a Virtual Information Session for our new Red Fish Healing Centre that will be opening in the Fall on Tuesday, June 22nd from 2:00pm – 3:00pm. If you are interested in attending this virtual event we ask that you RSVP to CHSRecruitment@phsa.ca and attendees will be sent a Zoom link 24 hours prior to the virtual event.*
What you’ll do
- Conduct comprehensive psycho-social assessments by methods such as interviewing the client and/or family, obtaining relevant information, gathering social data regarding the client’s family, environment, living situation, and financial status, and interpreting the data to therapeutically impact the client's and family's coping abilities and intervene in cases of complex social-emotional or family issues.
- Collaborate with designated care management personnel to facilitate the management of cases with complex discharge needs. Receive referrals from care management personnel and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assist patients/families with complex emotional or social presentations, as well as facilitate care through the continuum.
- Provide individual, family and group counselling services by methods such as exploring emotional responses to illness/injury in order to identify problems, personal concerns and treatment objectives and to facilitate change in coping style, behaviour, attitude, feelings and adaptive responses to an adverse life event. Refer to community services for follow-up as necessary.
- Attend clinical/case conferences as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client reviews, admissions, and discharge by methods such as providing input from a social work perspective on a variety of care issues related to the client, and to ensure proper and effective treatment of the client.
- Provide consultative and direct services to clients, families, staff and community health professionals regarding issues such as adult guardianship, advanced directives, domestic violence, abuse or neglect, immigration, housing, financial concerns, or matters concerning government agencies (public trustee) and authorities (courts, police).
What you bring
- A master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Full registration with the BC College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
- One (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Casual Opportunities – 4 Positions Available
$35.65 - $44.56/hour
28-3405 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Monday to Friday (rotating): 0830 - 1630
Requisition Number: 94332
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.