More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
The Sourcing Analyst will support strategic sourcing, category management and operational procurement by providing analytical support to Sourcing. The Sourcing Analyst will work collaboratively with cross-functional team members, provide detailed analysis, advice, interpretation and resource support within Sourcing by compiling and reviewing complex, multi-source Sourcing operations data for Sourcing projects, sourcing improvement initiatives and procurement initiatives across the health system. The Sourcing Analyst will participate in market research to support Category Management and or PHSA/Health Authority Program management where applicable.
What you'll do
- Conducts current marketplace analysis from all available sources and synthesis information into effective models that support the decision making process in support in all aspects of Sourcing: strategic sourcing, category management and operational procurement.
- Ensures accuracy of all data used by Sourcing by gathering data from multiple data sources and accurately synthesis in order to support strategic sourcing projects.
- Conducts market analysis, facilitates financial analysis, rebate management and or case costing scenarios, competitive bid analysis and internal continuous improvement initiative analysis.
- Prepares procurement reports and statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- Provides coaching to the Sourcing team members on analytics.
- Under direction of a leader, analyses data and provide input/recommendation for process improvement.
What you bring
- Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Business, Health Economics and/or related field, 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you?
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type Temporary, Full Time until March 31st 2022
Location 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
Wage:$35.29/per year +12.6% in lieu
Reference number 106230E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.