More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Specialist (Developer), HR Information Systems
Reporting to the Manager, HR Information Solutions, the Specialist / Developer, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) provides HRIS services and support in the areas of application systems development and maintenance, database administration, information reporting, training and business process improvements to Human Resources staff and leaders throughout the PHSA. The Specialist / Developer, HRIS also contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of activities to ensure that the HRIS tools, processes and systems are working efficiently in order to improve transactional and reporting activities with human resources.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain new ASP.Net / C# and VB.Net applications.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Develop and maintain SQL Server tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Build and Maintain reports using SQL server Reporting Services.
- Develop and document software customizations.
What you bring
- Education, training, and experience equivalent to degree or diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science from a recognized school, plus a minimum of three (3) years recent related work experience, preferably in healthcare
- Experience in developing NET applications in ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#
- Experience in writing C#/VB.Net code to access data and databases
- Experience in developing MS SQL Server databases and custom stored procedures
- Experience with .NET Frameworks
- Experience in producing documentation including requirements, design, Use Case and test plans
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
It would be an asset if you have
- ASP.NET / C# / VB.NET
- MS SQL Server /2008/2012/2016
- MS SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Database Query Language
- MS Visual Studio /2015/2017/2019
- MS Team Foundation
- MS SharePoint
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 2025 Willingdon Ave. Burnaby, BC
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Requisition # 114454E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.