More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
TeleNurse - HealthLink BC 811
TeleNurse - HealthLink BC 811
Burnaby BC, $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
To meet the needs of business continuity and safety standards there may be occasions that you will be required to work at our alternate site. All reasonable efforts will be made to provide you with as much notice as possible in these cases.
Candidates must be able to commit to attending orientation and preceptor shifts. Travel to both sites will be required during the Orientation and Training class.
What you’ll do
- Respond to or initiate telephone calls from callers, or their designates, utilizing customer service and therapeutic communication skills.
- Recommend additional resources, acquisitions and activities to enhance the telehealth nursing practice and client care.
- Receive, document and forward compliments and complaints from callers or others to support quality improvement/risk management activities, service and program evaluation; contribute to incident investigation as requested.
- Maintain current clinical knowledge in prevention & wellness promotion, health risk assessment, self-care management, and chronic disease management and consumer health education and any other programs or resources that support caller’s needs for triage, health education and referral.
- Competently apply knowledge; promote an integrated self-care health program and practice shared decision-making with callers.
- Collaborate with other professionals in providing telehealth care by making appropriate referrals to dietitians, pharmacists and other services.
- Monitor call flow and contribute to achieving service targets and maintaining standards of care. Contribute to the service evaluation by collecting designated statistics; make recommendations for changes or enhancement to technology, navigation or resource acquisitions.
- Communicate operational or resource changes as necessary and escalates operational or technical issues using appropriate reporting and communication mechanisms.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Minimum three (3) years recent related experience in acute care, community health, public health or continuing care.
You will have the ability to:
- Work in a fast paced, multi-faceted contact centre environment
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate listening skills
- Keyboard a minimum of 30 WPM
- Demonstrate computer skills and experience with relevant software such as MS Word and contact centre applications.
- Operate related equipment.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Work in a highly monitored work environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritize and organize work.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (Until March 31, 2022)
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
4170 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Days; Rotating Schedules; Line 82: 0900-1700/2300-0700
Requisition Number: 111920
What we do
Healthlink BC (HLBC) operates as a branch of the Primary Care Division with the Ministry of Health.
Healthlink is a 24/7/365 telehealth platform that provides BC and Yukon residents access to non-emergency health information, health advice and assistance in navigating the provincial health care system. HLBC is composed of a multidisciplinary team of dietitians, qualified exercise professionals, health service navigators, pharmacists and registered nurses that deliver health information via telephone (8-1-1) and web (healthlinkbc.ca). To fulfill the fulfill the strategic directives of the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Telenurses are employed through the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and work in close partnership with BC Public Service Agency (PSA) employees.
Based in two locations, Burnaby and Langley, TeleNurses provide non-emergency health information and advice in a 24/7/365 work environment.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.