More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
TeleNurse - Healthlink BC Burnaby
Healthlink BC (HLBC) operates as a branch of the Primary Care Division with the Ministry of Health. Healthlink is a 24/7/365 telehealth platform that provides BC and Yukon residents access to non-emergency health information, health advice and assistance in navigating the provincial health care system. HLBC is composed of a multidisciplinary team of dietitians, qualified exercise professionals, health service navigators, pharmacists and registered nurses that deliver health information via telephone (8-1-1) and web (healthlinkbc.ca). To fulfill the fulfill the strategic directives of the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Telenurses are employed through the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and work in close partnership with BC Public Service Agency (PSA) employees.
Based in two locations, Burnaby and Langley, TeleNurses provide non-emergency health information and advice in a 24/7/365 work environment.
“Empowering others to make informed healthcare decisions one call at a time”
Learn more about Healthlink BC: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/tools-and-videos
The TeleNurse is responsible for providing safe, competent and ethical nursing advice and navigation of the health system over the phone by assessing, educating and coordinating the care of the callers.
Candidates must be able to
- Commit to completinga full time, Monday to Friday, three week paid training, followed by preceptor shifts, which will include travel to both Burnaby and Langley sites
- Have the flexibility to work at both sites: Burnaby & Langley
Education, Training and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Minimum three (3) years recent related experience in acute care, community health, public health or continuing care.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted contact centre environment.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated listening skills.
- Ability to keyboard a minimum of 30 wpm.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with relevant software such as MS Word and contact centre applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a highly monitored work environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.