More than just a job.
As the successful candidate and a technologist certified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science, you will be part of a team that analyzes patient samples and produces results that healthcare practitioners rely on to make diagnoses. You will follow established protocols and utilize quality control guidelines to produce accurate laboratory test results. You will collaborate with highly trained colleagues in a technical, ever changing, analytical environment.
- Various Shifts
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take to be a successful Medical Lab Technologist at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinking
- Team player
LM Labs is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"My role as an MLT provides an opportunity for me to positively impact to the health of a patient who may be dealing with a serious medical condition."~ Len, Medical Lab Technologist, Richmond Hospital
"My role as an MLT allows me to be part of an amazing team that works extremely hard at reporting quality results for our patients."~ Kari, Medical Lab Technologist, Vancouver General Hospital
"Working as an medical technologist allows me to work with the latest technologies and alongside passionate caring people."~ Peter, Medical Lab Technologist, St. Paul's Hospital
"My role as an MLT gives me an opportunity to do a job I love and be an integral member of the health team that provides accurate and timely results that impacts the lives of patients."~ Angela, Medical Lab Technologist, Vancouver General Hospital
Benefits and Perks
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Defined benefit pension program
Medical Laboratory Technologist – Chilliwack General Hospital, LM Labs
Under general supervision, the Medical Laboratory Technologist performs technical work involved in the duties associated with laboratory test procedures. As well, the Medical Laboratory Technologist evaluates and verifies results, and prepares related reports
In this role, you will:
- Obtain laboratory samples from patients as required.
- Perform Laboratory procedures and analyze results according to established policies.
- Prepare a variety of solutions, reagents, standards and controls for use in analysis, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Respond to requests and inquiries for test results by various methods as required by the standard operating procedures.
- Communicate test results to the appropriate parties, including designated members of other health teams, by methods such as printing and distributing lab results in accordance with the established procedures of the designated area.
- Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS).
- One (1) year recent related experience in the designated discipline within the last six years, and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have demonstrated:
- Recent working knowledge of the assigned section or sections.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, and technical competence to perform tests used in the assigned section of the laboratory, including quality control and safety.
- Basic awareness of research process.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care using point of care instrumentation.
- Ability to operate related equipment and software, including techniques appropriate to the designated area of the laboratory.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Lower Mainland Laboratories is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), responsible for providing public laboratory services throughout the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Hospital-based laboratories in Vancouver Coastal Health, Fraser Health, Providence Health Care and PHSA provide both inpatient and outpatient laboratory services. These specialty laboratories provide a variety of reference and specialized testing.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
For more information on all that PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information on the Lower Mainland Laboratories please visit: http://lmlabs.phsa.ca/
- Reference: 83722
- Temporary, Part-Time FTE 0.5 (Until December 31, 2020)
- Wage: $29.70 to $37.04 Hourly
- Rotating- All Shifts
- 45600 Menholm Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2P 1P7
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.