Contract Psychologist Opportunities - BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
CONTRACT PSYCHOLOGIST OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE WITH BC MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE SERVICES
We are currently recruiting contract Psychologists across British Columbia in the following areas:
- Court-Ordered Forensic Presentencing Assessments
- Correctional Health Services
- Forensic Sexual Offence Program
- Enhanced Care Housing Program
If you are passionate about providing care and treatment services for adults with mental health disorders who have been in conflict with the law, and hold a PhD or PsyD in Clinical Forensic Psychology or Clinical Psychology with experience in a correctional or forensic mental health context, then one of these roles may be for you.
Depending on the role, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct psychological assessments for individuals ordered by the Court, certified under the Mental Health Act, or found unfit to stand trial or not criminally responsible on account of a mental disorder under the Criminal Code of Canada; or those transitioning from inpatient psychiatric services to community-based placements.
- Testify as an expert forensic witness in the Courts or the BC Review Board in support of psychological assessments and treatment interventions, progress and outcomes.
- Provide evidence based and trauma informed psychological interventions for clients with complex forensic psychiatric presentations; or individuals currently incarcerated within a provincial correctional facility.
- Conduct violence and suicide risk assessments.
- Serve as part of a multi-disciplinary team and provide consultation to various stakeholders including other care providers, family members, and community partners.
- Provide structured, evidence-based group and individual treatment, as well as intake, risk, and outcome assessments, for court-ordered sex offenders in various locations across the province.
- Provide psychological service via virtual health technology, as well as in-person, dependent on the circumstances.
- Practicing clinical registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia.
- Minimum One (1) year of direct clinical experience performing diagnostic assessment and treatment of adults in a correctional or forensic mental health settings including psychological assessment, violence and suicide risk assessment, evidence-based clinical interventions, and trauma informed practice.
- Commitment to culturally safe, client-centred care.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which provides specialized health to British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and BCMHSUS here: http://www.phsa.ca/our-services/programs-services/bc-mental-health-substance-use-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
We invite you to apply now with your resume and cover letter directly to Dr. Martin Zakrzewski, R.Psych at Martin.Zakrzewski@phsa.ca