More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Forensic Psychologist, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital - BC Mental Health Substance Use Services
Forensic Psychologist, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital
BC Mental Health Substance Use Services
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you a Clinical Psychologist with experience and a passion for working with individuals with complex mental health and behavioural needs? Join our team to make a difference in the lives of marginalized community members.
As a Forensic Psychologist with Forensic Psychiatric Services, you will provide individual and group psychological interventions for people ordered by the Court, certified under the Mental Health Act, or found unfit to stand trial or not criminally responsible on account of a mental disorder under the Criminal Code of Canada.
We currently have Two (2) Regular Full-Time opportunities for Forensic Psychologists at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital in Coquitlam, BC.
What you bring
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Forensic Psychology OR
- Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (PhD or PsyD) WITH a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a forensic mental health context.
- Practicing clinical registration or eligibility for registration with the College of Psychologists of B.C.
- One (1) year of direct, clinical experience performing diagnostic assessment and treatment of adults in a Forensic Mental Health setting including risk assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy or other relevant assessment and treatment modalities.
For more information about these exciting opportunities, or to apply, contact Kristen Neeser, Advisor, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
What we bring
Forensic Psychiatric Services is part of BC Mental Health & Substance Use
Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca, a program of the Provincial Health Services
Authority (PHSA) which cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS are part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.