More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Housekeeper, Red Fish Healing Center, BC Mental Health and Substance use Services
Red Fish Healing Centre
2745 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3B 6P2
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Red Fish Healing Centre for Mental Health and Addiction, is a leading-edge facility that treats people with the most complex mental health and addictions challenges in B.C. Located on the historic Riverview Lands in Coquitlam, the virtually-enabled,105-bed facility will welcome its first patients in the fall of 2021. The Red Fish Healing Centre is purpose-built for mental illness and addiction treatment, with therapeutic design elements that go hand-in-hand with a new, evidence-based model of care that represents decades of experience, expertise and research. Red Fish is replacing The Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction. Both are operated by BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services, which is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority. Learn more about Our Promise at Red Fish in this video.
What you’ll do
- Clean, wash, and disinfect building areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds, and washrooms by methods such as dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping, shampooing, waxing, and buffing, using various manual and power cleaning equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping equipment by cleaning and replacing items such as filter bags and mop heads. Report unsafe and faulty equipment, fixtures, and furniture to supervisor. Ensure safe use and storage of all cleaning supplies, and maintains supply inventory and related records as required.
- Provide clients with basic information related to the building. Explain clients’ responsibilities for duty assignments, provides direction, and monitors and assists clients with chores.
- Collect and remove garbage, and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
- Transport equipment, furniture, and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts. Arranges furniture for special events.
- Perform laundry duties such as washing linens and clothing.
- Clean external areas such as entranceways and sidewalks by removing dirt, leaves, snow, and other refuse.
- Complete and maintain related records and documentation such as logs and key registers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Grade 12 plus one (1) year’s recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Part Time (.58 FTE)
Wage: $19.29 to $20.66 per hour
Location: 2745 Lougheed Hwy, Coquitlam, BC V3B 6P2
Hours: 0700-1500; 1500-2300 Rotating
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.