More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Program Support Assistant, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services, Coquitlam
Program Support Assistant
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
Are you a highly organized person with strong administrative skills?
The Program Support Assistant performs a variety of administrative support functions such as inputting client information into computerized client information systems, word processing, composing and signing correspondence, typing reports and documents, answers general inquiries related to programs and policies, booking appointments and meetings.
What you’ll do
What you bring
- Grade 12, graduation from an Office Administration program supplemented by one (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and proficiency in relevant software. (Word, Excel, graphic applications)
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others.
- Ability to be sensitive, tactful and diplomatic with clients and the public.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to compile information.
- Ability to perform relevant calculations.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $20.50-$22.64 per hour
Hours of work: 0800-1600
Reference number: #118468
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges. BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.