More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
RN/RPN - Review Board Liaison - Minimum and Medium Security Units - Forensic Psychiatric Services Coquitlam
Review Board Liaison, Minimum and Medium Security Units
Forensic Psychiatric Services, Port Coquitlam, $43.90 to $53.63 per hour
What you’ll do
- Represent the Person-in-Charge as a party at all BC Criminal Code Review Board hearings by preparing the official hospital report based on a comprehensive review of the clinical record; articulate the position of the Person-in-Charge to the clinical teams, patient's counsel, the BC Review Board and Attorney General; arrange and chair pre-hearing conferences with the patient’s clinical team to discuss recommendations to the Review Board and any hearing related issues.
- Prepare and present the hospital's case by calling and preparing witnesses, leading evidence, cross-examining the witnesses of other parties, and preparing submissions; considers the need for legal counsel for particularly high profile or complicated cases; acts as resource to FPS Leaders and the Review Board on all relevant matters.
- Liaise with the Review Board with respect to matters pertaining to patients under its jurisdiction, i.e. potential adjournments or length of hearings, and liaises with Ministry of Attorney General, Corrections Canada, patient's counsel, etc. regarding patients who are under the jurisdiction of the BC Review Board.
- Complete briefing notes following each Review Board hearing. Communicate Review Board decisions to the clinical team. Liaise with operational and nursing leaders on all issues related to Review Board hearings. Report any decisions having policy, procedural or resource impacts to the Director, Access, Transitions and Forensic Clinical Risk.
- Maintain concise and accurate documentation of relevant information in alignment with FPS policy standards to meet regulatory requirements, including maintaining a Review Board exhibit binder for each Review Board patient.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN or RPN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable, and three (3) years' recent, related experience in forensic mental health, and including one (1) year's experience developing, implementing and/or delivering education services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $43.90 to $53.63 per hour
70 Colony Farm Rd, Coquitlam, BC
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 110093
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 13, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.