More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Vaccine Distribution Centre Assistant, BCCDC Vancouver Delta
Vaccine Distribution Centre Assistant
BCCDC Vancouver $22.35 to $24.55 per hour
What you do
- Perform duties such as counting vaccines, packing and labeling vaccines, repacking/ pre-packing into unit standards.
- Produces labels, inputting data into computer programs, receiving and relaying phone & fax messages, packaging items for shipping/dispensing.
- Monitors supplies and equipment, takes inventories, consults with users, identifies requirements, prepares order requisitions for signature, and maintains related stock control records. Liaises with supervisor regarding problems with inventory and related systems.
- Receives and checks orders, verifies accuracy of invoices, stocks shelves, checks stored medication for proper storage and dating, and distributes supplies. Refers discrepancies to supervisor.
- Performs administrative support duties such as, completing forms, compiling information and statistics, word processing, internet searches, electronic mail and sorting and distributing mail.
- Performs cleaning duties such as washing equipment and supplies, and cleaning work area.
- Performs other related duties.
What you bring
- Secondary school completion with emphasis on chemistry and mathematics.
- Completion of recognized pharmacy assistant program at a certificate level.
- One year experience or equivalent as a Pharmacy Assistant.
What you have
- Typing 50 words per minute.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with co-workers and the public.
- Knowledge of pharmacy routines and applications to the work environment for acceptable practices.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical names and special storage requirements.
- Perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to do the physical functions of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full Time
Start Date: 3/29/2021– End Date: September 31, 2021
$22.35 to $24.55 per hour
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday - Friday 0800-1600hrs;
Requisition Number: 105473
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 23, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.