More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Stores Attendant III
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of stores duties in designated areas of the warehouse and logistics operations of Interior Health such as shipping and receiving, filling requisitions/orders, unpacking, checking, storing and distributing supplies/goods.
What you’ll do
- Receives, unpacks and checks incoming materials from suppliers; ensures that supplies/goods are delivered as per specifications; and completes related paper work such as signing delivery slips. Sorts and places articles in appropriate areas; rotates stock and ensures inventory shelves/areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Checks invoices against orders and supplies/goods and resolves discrepancies with suppliers and/or departments.
- Assembles, issues and ships supplies/goods from requisition requests received; loads orders onto carts for delivery; and completes required documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Identifies damaged/spoiled goods and advises appropriate personnel in accordance with established procedures; arranges for delivery and return of loan and return items; returns damaged or spoiled goods to supplier as required/directed. Completes appropriate documentation.
- Performs physical inventory counts and maintains inventory records. Replenishes stock based on established minimum/maximum levels and advises when established re-order points are reached in accordance with established procedures; makes adjustments to stock items in accordance with established guidelines; makes recommendations for changes to inventory items and/or levels.
- Maintains records and provides information regarding stores activities; ensures correct coding on stock items; maintains security measures.
- Picks up and delivers a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from various locations in accordance with established policies, procedures and schedules as required.
- Transports a variety of supplies and/or materials to and from delivery locations by operating a variety of vehicles including trucks up to 10,000 lbs or 4536 Kg gross vehicle weight as required.
- Performs a variety of routine inspection/maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment such as securing load, cleaning, checking belts, lights and tires and maintaining fluid levels; recommends vehicle and equipment repairs as required. Maintains related documentation such as log books as required.
- Keeps assigned stores area(s) and goods and supplies in a clean and tidy condition.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to the Manager (or designate) on work procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
What you bring
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Class 5 vehicle license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience with retail, inventory, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Wage: $21.77 per hour
Location: 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
Hours of Work: 06:00-14:00 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition #: 135794E
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.