More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Manager Regional Center Services - BC Cancer Kelowna
Manager Regional Center Services
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Regional Clinical Operations, You are an effective and efficient person that confidently leads the coordination of center-wide services including facilities related issues, implementation of operational initiatives, infection control processes, volunteer services, occupational health and emergency preparedness plans. You are a person with excellent communication and leadership skills, with a passion for having an impact in Cancer Care for patients in your region.
What you’ll do
- Provide center leadership through the consultation and coordination of various administrative and operational activities; works closely with clinical staff in order to identify improvements.
- Develop and implement departmental and organizational goals and objectives, policies and procedures. Develop action plans and coordinate center level systems and strategies to enable effective operations.
- Lead center wide initiatives and projects that cross various programs/services through to implementation; develop project plans and incorporates change management approaches; develop communication strategies; monitor projects; provide progress reports and take corrective action to ensure project objectives are met.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, where applicable in order to maintain support services functions. Coordinate renovations, facility improvements and space planning.
- Provide operational center leadership for Emergency Management and Preparedness on issues, policies and education across the center. Prepare agenda and co-chair center emergency management committee. Collaborate, work and partner with, PHSA Emergency Management Leads as appropriate.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in a Healthcare related field and five (5) years of recent related experience, including two (2) years in a managerial/leadership capacity.
You will also have:
- Proven leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills conducive to interacting in a multidisciplinary environment and ability to relate easily to a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork.
- Critical thinking skills and proven ability to effectively manage human and fiscal resources.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of operational planning and program development.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 5L3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-16:30 or as operationally required
Requisition # 114300E
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.