More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Medical Secretary Clinical Programs
BC Cancer Agency
Are you efficient and organized, with a keen eye for detail? Help our department run effectively so we can provide the support our staff need to deliver the best possible patient care.
What you’ll do
- Provide secretarial support by typing a variety of technical and non-technical material such as medical reports, policy and procedure updates, reference letters, on-call schedules, labels, correspondence, forms, and spreadsheets.
- Draft, format and provide graphic enhancement to materials and forward to originator within established departmental timeframes.
- Draft and sign routine correspondence.
- Arrange meetings for medical staff by booking appointments, locating and booking meeting rooms, notifying applicable personnel and typing and circulating agenda(s) as required; attend meetings to record proceedings, preparing minutes and forwarding to committee members.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Provide support for student/resident teaching and evaluation.
- Make travel arrangements for designated personnel by contacting travel agents, confirming travel dates, obtaining itineraries, compiling information and forwarding to designated staff for approval.
What you bring
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized secretarial program, including a recognized course in medical transcription and three years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job Type: Casual
Wage $25.61 per hour
Hours of Work: 0800-1600/0815-1615/0830-1630/0900-1700
Requisition # Cas030421K
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
(PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.