More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Operating Room Nurse - BC Cancer Kelowna
Casual Opportunities (Monday to Friday daytime hours)
Wage $35.53– $46.65 Hourly
399 Royal Avenue Kelowna, BC
What you will do:
This invaluable role will find you using your patient care experience and clinical knowledge to provide perioperative care to surgical patients, as well as nursing care that ensures patients and their families are aware of the spectrum of services at the Centre and in the community. You will be called upon to function as a scrub and circulator nurse during special procedures. You will further function as a member of our health team to identify patient needs and communicate patient-related information in order to maintain efficiency and interpretation of the treatment plan.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Graduation from an Operating Room post-diploma program preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current CPR (Level C) certification
What's in it for you:
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike-sharing, and more.
Click on the link below to see what it's like to be part of this dynamic team!
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the Program that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcancer.bc.ca
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians. We are committed to excellence, and our values include: Patients first – Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.