More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Registered Nurse - Endoscopy/Brachytherapy PARR - BC Cancer Kelowna
Endoscopy/Brachytherapy PARR, RT Program, BC Cancer Kelowna
The Staff Nurse, Endoscopy/Brachytherapy Post Anaesthetic Recovery Room (PARR), will provide preoperative care to surgical patients, particularly those undergoing Endoscopy/Brachytherapy procedures.
What you’ll do
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Nursing department’s philosophy, conceptual framework, and standards of practice.
- Function as a member of the health team by:
- Identifying patient needs and consulting with members of other health care disciplines as necessary
- Communicating patient-related information to health team members through documentation in the patient’s chart and the provision of written and/or oral reports.
- Participating in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Function as endoscopy/PARR nurse for special procedures and post-operative recovery.
- Admit, transfer, or discharge patients according to program policies and Clinic/Nursing department directives.
- Assist the patient in interpretation of the treatment plan and ensure patients and families are aware of services available at the program and in the community.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PARR Certification course or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR (Level C) certification.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual on call - day shifts
Wage: $34.83 to $45.73 per hour
399 Royal Avenue Kelowna, BC
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.